The general idea while creating the fretted version of the project Saturn was of course to continue the success of the fretless. The common and elegant shape of the bass allows this model to be offered in almost all possible versions – 20, 22 or 24 frets, all pickups configurations, all possible onboard preamps, number of strings, etc. So I’ve chosen and selected the best options and put them together to build the bass as it is now. Thus, the Saturn 5 string bass has become largely and easily accepted by bass players who play varying styles of music.
Body: European Ash as a back, 3 pieces Elm tree top, Walnut veneer lamination
Neck: CONE CORE neck construction! 3-pieces plain Balkan Maple, Walnut veneer lamination;
- Matching headstock, Elm tree
- 34″ (863.6mm) scale
- Side position marks – white dots
- 12″ (304.8mm) fingerboard radius
- 20mm (0.787”) thickness at the 1-st fret
- 22mm (0.866”) thickness at the 12-th fret
- 24 medium frets
- The nut is made of Indian water Bull horn
- 45mm (1.771”) width at the nut
Construction: Set-in neck
Bridge: Individual, 17mm (0.669”) spacing
Pickups: Haeussel – JazzBucker set
Finish: High gloss Polyester
Strap pins: Standard
- Master VOLUME
- TREBLE – boost/cut
- Mini toggle 3 way – splits bridge humbucker – South coil/Humbucker/North coil
- HIGH MID – boos/cut
- Mini toggle – Active/Passive mode.
- LOW MID – boost/cut
- Mini toggle 3 way – pickup selector (bridge/both/neck)
- BASS boost/cut
Noll TCM 4XM, 18V onboard preamp.
Weight: 4,300kg (9.4lbs)
Stainless steel electronic box cover plate.
Copper shielding protects the entire electronic box and pickups.
Send me an e-mail via the Contact form to check the availability of the present 5 string bass or to get more information about placing an order!
Custom options and price are available upon request!
Click on the images to enlarge!
On our Facebook page you can see the available rare wood materials. Click KDbasses to check them out
The bass comes with: